If you are in the market for a breast pump, you have probably heard of the Spectra S2, because it is one of the most popular electric double pumps available on the market right now. In the Spectra S2 breast pump review you will find out why it is so popular and why I would give it a rating of 9 out of 10.
The Spectra S2 is an electric double or single breast pump. It uses a closed system to prevent a back flow of milk getting into the motor, which is great for cleanliness and ensuring proper functioning of the pump.
The Spectra brand pumps are unique because they offer a wide variety of pump settings that can help any mom find a comfortable setting and ensure the best milk flow for her. The only draw back to this is that many moms have complained that the settings can be confusing and take time to figure out.
The Spectra S2 is lightweight, weighing only 2.5 pounds, it does not come with a carrying case, but you could find one to use with it pretty easily. It does come with two different sized breast flanges (24mm and 28mm), 2 wide neck bottles and caps for pumping into and easy milk storage, 2 back flow protectors, tubing, and a power cord/ac adapter.
- A built in night light, which is awesome for those late night pumping sessions
- An auto timer and display screen that shows how long your pumping session is, and how many hours in total the pump has been used.
- A massage mode to stimulate the natural sucking of a baby
- An ultra quiet motor
- Adjustable Suction levels and settings
- A closed system to prevent pump malfunction and increase cleanliness
- Light Weight pump with handle for easy portability
- A 2 year unconditional warranties on the pump motor
- Resonably priced
- Can pump into compatible wide neck bottles such as advent or mam
- This product has a 4.3 out of 5 Amazon rating
While this pump has many great features, there are some cons as well:
- The settings can be confusing and difficult to navigate until getting used to them
- It is difficult to find replacement parts for this pump in local stores, and will usually need to be ordered online
- A common complaint is that the duckbills sometimes fall out during pumping sessions which require you to stop the session to replace the duckbills and start pumping again. I have found some people state they replaced the duckbills and the problem was solved, while others still continue to have the issue.
- Some Women have complained that they find the flanges uncomfortable. It is possible to use other flanges, but you may have to buy additional parts to make them compatible.
As mentioned before, there is a 2 year unconditional warranty on the pump motor from date of purchase with proof of purchase. The accessories that come with the pump have a 90 day manufacturer warranty from the date of purchase.
If you should need to inquire about the warranty or submit a claim, you can email to email@example.com.
Where to Purchase
If you are had already received a free breast pump from your insurance company or you know you will not qualify for a free pump. You can purchase the Spectra S2 directly from Amazon.
If you have not received a free breast pump from your insurance company yet, are newly pregnant, or are unsure if you will qualify or not, I would recommend checking out Aeroflow breast pumps, and filling out their questionare form to see if you can get one for free.
The Spectra S2 is one of the pumps available on their website, and they have amazing customer service. I received my pump through them, and the only thing I had to do was fill out the form and pick out my pump, they literally did everything else, from getting the prescription from my doctor, to verifying my insurance and then shipping me my pump!
It is definitely worth looking into before purchasing one outright.
I would definitely rate this product at a 9 out of 10 because i believe it is one of the best breast pumps available on the market today for the price and all the available features. I did not give it a 10 out of 10 because there are some minor flaws and set backs such as the problems with the duckbills and some confusion with the settings. Also, the fact that it is hard to find replacement parts in stores. Other than that this is a great breast pump that will help you meet your pumping needs.
If you have used this pump yourself and would like to share your stories with it, or as always if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to leave a comment in the comment section! Thanks for reading, I hope you found this review helpful!